(619) 235-6180 [email protected]


Day Care Business

No, you cannot prohibit your tenants from starting the day care. Under California law, houses, condos, and apartment units may be used to run a small family day care business. These laws were passed in order to make childcare more readily available for working parents...

read more

Notices of Change of Ownership or Management

Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1962 a landlord must provide a notice of change of ownership or management anytime there is a new owner, manager, or contact information has changed. The notice or contract must include the following information: name, telephone...

read more

When to Ask for Cash

No, you cannot demand the tenant pay you in cash solely because it is your preference. Yes, when your tenant tries to pay you with a dishonored check you may demand a cash payment for the following three months from the date the check was dishonored if your lease or...

read more

Overcharging Section 8 Tenants

I am a landlord of an apartment complex. I have several tenants that receive government assistance through Section 8 housing. All of my Section 8 contracts state the landlord is responsible for paying the water bill. However, I have one tenant that always has a really...

read more

Free Consultation

To schedule a free consultation, simply fill out the following form. Someone from our office will be in touch within one business day.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.