Roomates & Unauthorized Occupants

First, you will need to review your lease or rental agreement with this tenant. As a landlord, you may include a clause in your lease or rental agreement that authorizes or prohibits your tenant from having a roommate. If you allow your tenant to have a...

read more

Storing Personal Property

Since the tenant gave you possession of the property, you may consider the items abandoned. You must serve a notice of right to reclaim abandoned property itemizing the personal property left by the tenant and keep the items for at least 15 days if...

read more

Day Care Business

No, you cannot prohibit your tenants from starting the day care. Under California law, houses, condos, and apartment units may be used to run a small family day care business. These laws were passed in order to make childcare more readily available for working parents...

read more

Notices of Change of Ownership or Management

Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1962 a landlord must provide a notice of change of ownership or management anytime there is a new owner, manager, or contact information has changed. The notice or contract must include the following information: name, telephone...

read more

Free Consultation

To schedule a free consultation, simply fill out the following form. Someone from our office will be in touch within one business day.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.